Nov 29, 2016by Trity Dow
All Partners with Force.com Developer Certifications, As we announced earlier this year, the Salesforce Certified Force.com Developer credential will no longer be part of the Consulting Partner Program in FY18 (beginning February 1, 2017).
In general, we encourage partners to have all individuals who currently hold the Certified Force.com Developer credential to replace it with the Certified Platform Developer I credential. Consulting Partners need to be aware of the impact of this change on their:
- Consulting Partner Program Tier: The Salesforce Certified Force.com Developer credential will no longer earn points towards the Partner Value Score (PVS). This has been replaced by Platform Developer I. On February 1, when partners log into to the Partner Community and view their Consulting Partner Performance dashboard in the Business Console, they many notice a drop in their certification points if these have not been replaced with the Platform Developer I certification.
- AppExchange Listing: On the Overview tab of the Partner’s AppExchange listing, the total number of Certified Professionals will no longer include those individuals who only hold the Salesforce Certified Force.com Developer credential as of February 1, 2017.
- Enrollment Status in the Consulting Partner Program: To remain enrolled in the Partner Program for Consulting Partners, a firm must hold 2 consultant level certifications. In cases where one or both of the only certifications a partner holds are the Salesforce Certified Force.com Developer credential, partners need to be aware that they will need to replace those certifications with one of the consultant certifications that count towards the minimum requirement:
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Platform Developer I
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Community Cloud Consultant
- Pardot Consultant
To see the notification that was sent out from Salesforce University, go here.
- Certifications for Partners
- Webassessor for Partners - make sure your certifications are properly credited
- Salesforce Partner Program for Consulting Partners
- Business Console - track your performance in the Partner Program for Consulting Partners